Hot this month

Friday, September 24, 2010

Consternation

.

I don't know why I go a little gastric when I'm in Lucknow. I spent nearly 5 complete years farting and burping very much. I almost stopped feeling embarrassed, because how was I supposed to help it? And it's one of those things that hits me first every time I return: I become gastric again.

Which leads me to think that I become my old self. The familiar fumes of a past existence? Or does the present stink as much as the past? Or could it be that the anxiety I've accumulated during my stint of living alone in Mumbai vaporizes when I'm back home?

I can't really answer these questions. Maybe it's not as metaphysical as all that (yes - I'm reading Elizabeth Gilbert's Eat Pray Love). Maybe it's the water or the food or the air. But one thing I do know - I'm forced to accept that some of my problems only become loudly apparent when I'm at home.

In my Mom's presence.
[sigh]

.

1 comment:

Critique and admiration are equally welcome. Please do not leave comments of a personal nature.