Hot this month

Friday, December 14, 2012

Gremlin

.

Today I will say that I am ready:
If i jump in without too much thought
then backtrack a little and say I'm sorry
I wonder if you will regret me or not
Or resent what I said in careless abandon
Recklessly messing up your deck of cards:

Then leaping into silences you cannot fathom
Or bragging about myself like a filthy braggart
Will you poke me in the eye then say take care
Or pull the carpet right from under my feet
Cheat on me - shove me - or treat me unfair
Shoot me in the forehead and leave me to bleed.

.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. insia this is ummehani your old school chum i hope u remember. these verses of yours are beautiful and only a person who has truly loved and has been truly hurt can connect tot them and i think this world is full of such people.......

    ReplyDelete

Critique and admiration are equally welcome. Please do not leave comments of a personal nature.