Hot this month

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Palette

.

Childhood graced with ugly colors
Closing my eyes and forcing myself to dream
And waking up with nothing to look forward to
And everything sadly exactly as it seems

And the nightly threat of being put in a position
Where I must fight to protect my skin
My sensitive skin in all its innocence
But it's over even before it begins

The realisation that digs its fingers in my chest
And squeezes the happiness out through my eyes
The resentment that tears at the flesh of my breast
Thriving hatred: devious and sly

... Colors that run into each other
The Yellows and Greens too threateningly close
Blues that demand more and more space
And White that loses itself in Rose

.

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes its better to open your eyes.... but isn't that supposed to be a happy moment where in you come into the truth of life rather then the lie of a dream.... the hatred inside you is what tears you apart.... and its time to let go of that emotion.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somehow, when I wrote this piece, I had imagined very few would even comprehend the story, much less the meaning. I had left the lines disconnected and incomplete. And yet, this happens to be my all-time most read poem - there is at least one reader everyday! That says a lot.

    ReplyDelete

Critique and admiration are equally welcome. Please do not leave comments of a personal nature.