Hot this month

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Chameleon

.

Sometimes my hair are red and I'm
blazing through life at break-neck speed
Recklessly getting into one scrape and then the next
And breaking all bounds of decency
And Sometimes my hair are brown and I
Spend a couple hours a day with my nose in a book
Figuring out Fisher's linear discriminant function
Or the recipe of pineapple upside down cake -
Then all of a sudden my hair turn gold!
And I can be found giggling in any mall of the city
Trying dresses I'm never going to wear
And commenting on those Oh-so-L.S. leggings these days (ugh!)
At night sometimes my hair are grey - and I

Am seriously contemplating the secrets of the world
How God has designed things and why
And how little children are like the beginning of everything
Yet in my dreams my hair are always black
And long like Rapunzel's.
And I'm lying in wait like Sleeping Beauty
Or crying alone like Cinderella.

.

3 comments:

  1. its not humourous at all.. unless this piece of fiction itself is a chameleon and it just reflects whatever mood you're already in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this the only way you express?
    Whatever, I still love it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a personal comment from Anonymous! Hm. Whatever - I still appreciate your love for it :)

    ReplyDelete

Critique and admiration are equally welcome. Please do not leave comments of a personal nature.